In the 24th official James Bond movie named ‘Spectre’, James Bond will drive the Aston Martin DB10, that has been developed specifically for the upcoming James Bond movie. Aston Martin and EON productions (the producers of James Bond movies) unveiled the stunning Aston Martin DB10. The model has been designed specifically for the movie ‘Spectre’ and the Aston Martin DB10 will be a limited edition car from the company. As of now, the production will be limited to only 10 units.
Exact details about Aston Martin DB10’s powertrain has not yet been revealed but it is believed that the luxury car could use a V12 engine from the company’s current lineup.
Aston Martin DB5 has been the most famous James Bond car as of now. It has been featured in many James Bond movies, namely, Gold Finger, Golden Eye, Tomorrow Never Dies, Casino Royale and Skyfall.
Association of Aston Martin with James Bond series:
The DB series was named after David Brown, the Head of Aston Martin from 1947–1972. Let us discuss about all the models of Aston Martin featured in James Bond series of movies:
• Aston Martin DB5: As mentioned above, Aston Martin DB5 has been the most famous car in the James Bond series of movies. Aston Martin DB5, featured a 3,995 cc engine that produced 282 bhp and 288 lb•ft of torque. It weighed 1,502 kgs. It could accelerate from 0 to 97 km per hour within 8 seconds and could attain a top speed of 230 km per hour.
• Aston Martin DBS V12: This model was featured in the movie ‘Casino Royale’. The Aston Martin DBS V12 featured a 6.0 Litre 48-valve V12 engine that produced 510 hp and 420 lb•ft of torque. It weighed 1,695 kgs and could accelerate from 0 to 97 km per hour within 4.2 seconds and could attain a top speed of 307 km per hour.
• Aston Martin V12 Vanquish: Aston Martin V12 Vanquish got popular after it was featured in the movie, ‘Die Another Day’. The Aston Martin DBS V12 featured a V12, 5,935 cc engine that produced 460 hp and 400 ft•lb of torque. It weighed 1,835 kgs and could accelerate from 0 to 97 km per hour within 4.3 seconds and could attain a top speed of 306 km per hour.
• Aston Martin V8 Vantage Volante: Featured in the movie, ‘The Living Daylights’, the Aston Martin V8 Vantage Volante featured a V8 engine that produced 438 bhp and 400 lb/ft of torque. It had a weight of 1,650 kgs and could accelerate from 0 to 97 km per hour within 5.4 seconds.
• Aston Martin DBS: This model was featured in the movie, ‘On her Majesty’s secret service’. The Aston Martin DBS featured a 4.0L DOHC straight-6 engine that produced 283 bhp and 288.0 lb•ft torque. It weighed 1,706 kgs.