The New Honda City 2017 facelift went on sale in India on the 14th of February, 2017, priced from Rs. 8.49 lakh to Rs. 13.56 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Loaded with a host of cosmetic upgrades and new features, Honda City 2017 comes in a total of 11 variants with two engine options. While the fuel proficiency has been revised in the new Honda City 2017, mechanically the Honda City facelift remains unchanged. Honda has also added a new Modern Steel Metallic shade to the City, in addition to the existing color options.
Honda City 2017 Key Specs
- The new 2017 Honda City facelift gets twin airbags, ISOFIX mounts for child seats as standard and ABS with EBD.
- LED DRLs are now part of standard gear. LED Headlamps available on the higher-end variants
- The 1.5 liter diesel now returns a claimed 25.6 KMPL, 0.4 KMPL lower than before
- The 1.5 liter petrol returns 17.4 KMPL, 0.4 KMPL lesser than earlier
- There’s a new 7 – Inch touchscreen visual- audio and navigation system with an Android based interface
Features like automatic headlights, auto on-off headlights and automatic sensing wipers also make their way into this flagship grade, Honda City 2017 is to get a new 7 – inch touch screen infotainment Display, while the rest of the creature comforts like a multi – functional steering wheel, cruise control, automatic climate control, parking sensors with rear -view camera among the others. On the Honda City 2017 is to come with LED projector Headlights, LED DRLs, LED tail – lamps while there will also be a boot-lid mounted spoiler with stop-lamp.
In Addition to Features, the Base S trim gets
- Integrated audio system with USB, Bluetooth and Aux connectivity
- Keyless access
- Electric adjust wing rear view mirrors
- Rear defogger
- LED daytime running lamps
The SV trim adds in (Petrol MT, Diesel MT)
- Steering – mounted controls
- Auto climate control
- Rear AC vents
- Cruise control
- Driver seat height adjust
- Power folding mirrors
The V trim furthermore gets (Petrol MT/CVT, Diesel MT)
- Fog lamps
- 15 – inch diamond cut alloy wheels
- 0 – inch Touchscreen infotainment system with voice command
- Push-button start
- Rear view camera
- Auto folding wing mirrors
The New Honda City 2017 is to come with the unchanged engine line-up as that of the variant which it is going to change. The petrol derivative is to be powered by a 1.5-litre I – VTEC engine which is capable of making 118Bhp along with 145Nm of peak torque. The diesel derivative is to get a 1.5 – liter I-DTEC, the specifications of which are 99 Bhp along with 200 Nm of peak torque. The transmission responsibilities are to be handled by a 5 – speed manual gearbox while there will be a CVT programmed on offer as well for the petrol engine variant. The diesel derivative is to get a 6 – speed manual transmission.
Coming to safety, the top of the line ZX trim gets 6 airbags which include side and curtain bags, Standard Anti-lock brake system (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), 3- Point ELR seat belts with pretensioners & load limiters, ISOFIX compatible rear seats and rear windshield defogger, impact mitigating front head rest system, pedestrian injury mitigation technology, – all are offered as standard in the New City. Dual airbags, ABS and ISOFIX child seat mounting points are offered as standard equipment across all variants.
The New Honda City 2017 Facelift drops in the price bracket of Rs. 8.49 lakh for the base model and go all the way up to Rs. 13.56 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) for the top of the line trim.