The luxury car makers are also working towards launching their latest products for the premium car lovers in India. With increase in the disposable income of people in the country, the premium car makers are witnessing a growth in the demand for luxury cars.
Grease Press brings you the list of premium luxury cars that are scheduled to be launched in India in 2015:
• Mercedes Benz CLA Class: Recently, Mercedes Benz India announced that it will launch the Mercedes Benz CLA Class on January 22, 2015. Based on the MFA platform, the CLA sedan will be powered by a 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged diesel (that produces 136 bhp and 300Nm torque) and a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged petrol (that produces 181 bhp and 300Nm torque).
The Mercedes CLA that will be positioned between B-Class and GLA will compete with Audi A3 in India. The price is expected to hover between Rs. 30 lakh to Rs. 35 lakh.
• BMW i8: Being a feature packed hybrid car, the BMW i8 has got excellent design features. The BMW i8 supercar will powered by a powerful three cylinder 1.5 liter petrol engine that produces 231 Bhp of power and 320 Nm of torque ensuring excellent acceleration. The BMW i8 also comes with an electric motor that delivers additional drive to the wheels producing 131 Bhp of power and 250 Nm of Torque.
The BMW i8 is expected to be launched in January 2015 at an estimated price of Rs. 1.20 crore to Rs. 1.30 crore.
• BMW i3: The BMW i3 hatchback that is packed with a lot of features aims at improving mobility in future. In the western markets, it is available in all electric and electric + petrol engine (hybrid) variant.
The BMW i3 is expected to be launched in India in February, 2015 and it is expected to be priced between Rs. 20 lakhs to Rs. 25 lakhs.
• Audi TT Roadster: The Audi TT Roadster has its soft top opening in 12 seconds even while the car is at a speed of upto 50 kms per hour. The Audi TT Roadster is just 251 kgs heavier than the Audi TT Coupe that was launched in 2014.
Powering the TT roadster is a 2.0 TFSI petrol (that produces 211 bhp) that does duty on the TT coupe as well. The car comes with the Audi quattro permanent all-wheel drive and a six-speed S tronic gearbox. The Audi TT Roadster accelerates from 0 to 100 kms per hour within 5.6 seconds.
The Audi TT Roadster is expected to arrive in India in February 2015 at a price tag ranging from Rs. 50 lakhs to Rs. 65 lakhs.
• Ssangyong Korando Turismo: Ssangyong Korando Turismo is a luxurious MPV that could appeal to the Indian buyers. Popularly known as the Rodius, the luxury MPV will have seating options available in nine, ten and eleven-seat configuration. It also has a cargo space of 3,240 liters.
The Ssangyong Korando Turismo is expected to be launched in February, 2015 and will cost between Rs. 12 lakhs to Rs. 17 lakhs.
• Hyundai New Sonata: The 2015 Hyundai New Sonata will come with reworked interiors. The car is expected to be available with 2.0 liter turbocharged petrol engine and a front wheel drive layout, especially for India. The car also comes with improved dynamics that ensures better fuel economy and lower costs.
The price of Hyundai New Sonata is expected to be between Rs. 20.50 lakhs to Rs. 23 lakhs and it is scheduled to be launched in February, 2015.
• Mahindra XUV 500 Hybrid: Expected to be launched in mid-2015, the Mahindra XUV 500 Hybrid is likely to cost between Rs. 15 lakhs to Rs. 16 lakhs. The XUV 500 Hybrid sports all standard elements but it also features an electric motor that works along with the 2.2-litre mhawk diesel engine, making the SUV the first diesel hybrid in India.