Ever since, we started following the Indian Automobile market, we have covered about carmakers who expressed their plans to launch their new or remodeled products for the Indian car lovers. When we Indians buy a car, we analyze whether the car would befit all our requirements. For those who wish to buy a new car in the New Year, Grease Press brings to them a list of cars that are scheduled to be launched in 2015.
To make the list more useful for our readers, we would first like to enlist the upcoming cars of 2015 that is priced below Rs. 10 lakhs.
- Datsun Go+: The Datsun Go+ is an expanded version of the Datsun Go hatchback. The seven seater MPV is ideal for those who have more number of members in the family or who travel frequently with family and need to carry some of the household materials for temporary use.
What makes Datsun Go+ more tempting, is its price. The car is expected to be priced between Rs. 3.80 lakhs to Rs. 4.50 lakhs. It will be launched on January 15, 2015 in India.
Datsun Go+ is powered by a three-cylinder, all-aluminium 1.2-litre engine that produces 67bhp at 5,000rpm and 104Nm of torque. Power is transmitted to the front wheels via a five-speed manual gearbox. It is expected that the Go+ will also be available with the 1.5-litre diesel engine in India.
If you like the looks of Datsun Go hatchback, then the Datsun Go+ is worth taking a look.
- Tata Bolt: Tata Bolt that will be priced between Rs. 6 lakhs to Rs. 7 lakhs comes with a lot of new features. If you desired to buy a small hatchback , then you certainly have one more option in your list of choices.
Tata Bolt will be launched in January, 2015 and the car could be booked online for Rs. 11,000. The Bolt is being offered with both a 1.2-litre petrol (turbocharged Revotron) and a 1.3-litre diesel engine. Bolt has provision for various enhanced features that would appeal to the youth buyers.
- Hyundai New Verna: Hyundai loyalists willing to buy a sedan could wait for the Hyundai New Verna that is scheduled to be launched in early 2015. Though the different versions of the New Verna starts at Rs. 7.50 lakhs, the top end models will cost above 10 lakhs. The price range of the Hyundai New Verna is expected to hover between Rs. 7.50 lakh to Rs. 11.50 lakh.
If you are a sedan lover and are not sensitive about reasonable price differences for getting a high end product, then the New Verna could be worth waiting for.
The new Verna will continue to feature the same set of 1.4-litre and 1.6-litre petrol and diesel engines as before. It is expected that the new car would come with a new 6-speed automatic gearbox.
- Honda New Jazz: Honda is coming up with the Honda New Jazz in India with redesigned interiors, exteriors, fuel economy, driving dynamics and engine performance.
The Honda New Jazz is expected to be launched in February, 2015 and the car will come with a price tag starting from Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 7.60 lakhs.
Honda New Jazz will be available with a 1.2 liter petrol engine and a 1.5 liter Earth Dreams diesel engine in India.
- Renault Duster facelift: After Renault saw great response among Indian buyers with the launch of Duster, the company launched Duster AWD and now the company plans to launch the facelifted version of Renault Duster that will have a lot of cosmetic changes.
In addition to the company’s current engine lineup, the Duster facelift will get a 1.2-liter TCe turbocharged engine.
Expected to be launched in January, 2015, the Renault Duster facelift is expected to come with a price tag starting from Rs. 8 lakhs to Rs. 12.28 lakhs.
- Maruti Suzuki SX4 S-Cross: Based on the hatchback version of the Maruti Suzuki SX4, the SX4 Cross is expected to be more spacious than Nissan Terrano and Renault Duster. Powering the Indian version of SX4 Cross is 4-litre petrol engine and 1.3-litre multijet diesel engine.
The S-Cross is expected to hit Indian roads in February, 2015 and its price is expected to be within Rs. 8 Lakh – Rs. 14 Lakh.
- Ford Ka: Ford Ka is expected to be launched in India in the first quarter of 2015. The upcoming product from Ford is believed to be blend of Ford Ecosport and Ford Figo. Ford Ka is expected to be powered by 0-litre three-cylinder EcoBoost petrol engine and a 1.4-litre TDCI diesel engine.
The Ford Ka is expected to cost between Rs. 5 Lakh – Rs. 7 Lakh.